Sunday, November 4, 2012

mormon church + purple stained glass windows.



I ditched the singles' ward.

I felt like I was in a weird time warp every time I went because it's at the institute building—and even though I loved my BYU days worshipping in the Wilkinson center, I feel as though my days in the singles ward are just over. Plus, I remembered I'd made a promise to myself to leave when I turned 30 (a policy I forgot about because I'd already been going to a family ward when that fateful birthday came).

Anyways, a few sundays ago, I walked through my backyard into a church parking lot and went to my new ward. The chapel has stained glass windows.

You know I'll have church in a cardboard box and love it as long as there are smart, feisty grandmas in the RS who will talk about quinoa and the word of wisdom, but (yes) sacrament feels like sitting in a temple...



this, so you know the chapel isn't as dark as the above pics




2 comments:

  1. I've never commented on here before, but do enjoy your blog. I don't even remember where I found it.

    I grew up under these windows. I live out of state now, but make sure to visit this place when we're in town. Lucky me, I was just there last week! Thanks for giving me this piece of home!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.