Monday, September 3, 2012

Earlier this summer

I spent an afternoon coloring a gigantic rainbow on a gigantic piece of paper. It was probably the biggest rainbow I've ever drawn in my life. My partner during this afternoon was a six year-old girl who drew the blue birds. She said when she grew up, she wanted to be a veterinarian Monday through Friday, and on Saturdays, she'd be an artist.

Then she asked what I did for work.

I said, Some days I'm a teacher and some days I'm an artist. 

Dear people: no one has ever been happier to say a sentence. And, somewhere my five year-old self was hopping up and down and yelling, !!!!!!!!!

I had no idea how lovely it would be.


1 comment:

  1. You're right! It is SO fantastic what you do.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.