Friday, August 24, 2012

Sometimes I feel extremely defiant

THIS IS WHEN I WANT TO TALK IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!
Listen to Knockin' on Heaven's Door as loud as I want just so the whole neighborhood knows. Start making posters about acceptable reasons to cry in public. Paste them all over the city with a glue made from white cake flour and water. Run up extremely steep hills lined with old houses filled with people: some happy, some miserable, some who know how to be happy & sad at the same time. Move across the United States of America. With ALL MY FURNITURE! which is only a mattress and two chairs. Maybe a lamp in a few weeks. Or NEVER MOVE ANYWHERE! and go to school until I'm 80 years old. Make my students write stuff real people will actually read.

It feels like a good, old-fashioned Beyonce song. And, I think that's a good place to start the morning—doing a small, feisty shimmy and thinking to the day: you must not know 'bout me.


happy friday!
;)






4 comments:

  1. With your last paragraph, I went the Lil Mama route rather than Beyonce. Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ck6TJQ5Ow&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everything about this post gave me hope about the life i'm living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @holly Ann: love it.

    @Kayleigh: HOPE WINS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes defiance is a way to hold on, when things are moving too fast.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.