Tuesday, August 14, 2012

a lot of exclamation marks



My oldest brother had another birthday last week. My favorite memory of him this past year actually happened a couple weeks ago at the camp pendleton triathlon. He met me on the hovercraft ramp. We were both rolling our bikes down the hill for the race. I was totally out of it because I hadn't totally prepared for the race in terms of practicalities. I'd remembered the sunscreen, but I'd forgotten to eat anything. Also, I'd forgotten water. I was planning on just enduring to the end of the race with the small cups they give you on the run. When I mentioned this to my brother he said, Oh! I brought extra! Take this one! Then he handed me one of the water bottles on his bike. When I said, are you sure? I don't want to steal your water...he said, Yeah, I knew someone would forget. Sidenote: his bottles of water include ice.

I'm so happy he was born. And, again, thankful he was born before me. 


IN ADDITIONAL EXCLAMATION MARKS:
My littlest brother is coming home from his mission tomorrow. My family is all very excited to have him back with us. Honestly, any time I go home, I feel bereft because he is always home to me in my psyche. Of course, he's old now, and he'll be at college. But still, being home means having him around.

1 comment:

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.