Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Peanut M&M's, pancakes, and love!

Yesterday i spilled a Costco bag of peanut m&ms all over the studio floor.

It was an accident. 

It was my last handful (I just wanted a few more), but something happened when I pulled my hand out of the bag, and then there were m&m's all over the floor... I was literally standing in the middle of a skittles commercial, except the peanut m&m version. !!!!!!!!!! It was very hilarious and colorful. My friends helped me clean it up. (We weren't embarrassed to eat the candy.)

Weirdly, the whole incident reminded me of the love of God. Most days it feels like that book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: like the love of God can be compared to various pieces of delicious food falling from the sky in a steady, maybe light sprinkle. I mean, it's wonderful. A sprinkle goes a long way when you're talking about pancakes falling out of the sky.

But then, some days it's like God is throwing the whole exalted pomegranate orchard out of heaven into your front yard. You don't really have room for it—and something about that act of generosity shows you He's been organizing things all along: or the atonement of Jesus Christ has been preparing you all along, until you were ready to let it heal you. And then you want to hop around because it's all so gorgeous and you really love that pomegranate orchard (and the pancakes).


There are not enough exclamation marks in the world.





3 comments:

  1. Let's throw some more on the floor and do a happy dance together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost me at "Costco bag of peanut m&ms"....

    Yum!

    I know I have some great sprinkles, but I could really use a pomegranate orchard right about now.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.