Friday, June 1, 2012

p.s. June 1 = romantic

Occasionally, someone ends up saying, You're such a romantic.

This label makes me feel funny.
Shouldn't everyone notice the moon?
It's in the sky for free.

I don't hate the word. I love it when it's used appropriately. Which is tricky. And I'm very picky about how and when it can be used appropriately. I can't even explain a definition. There must be no pretense. For example, if you wash my dishes without me knowing. If you leave them on the counter, towel-dried, because you don't know where to put them away—then I will think this is romantic.  I will probably leave the two white bowls on the counter until I need to use them again because I think the gesture is so romantic. 
I won't want to move anything. 






2 comments:

  1. I very like "Shouldn't everyone notice the moon?
    It's in the sky for free." Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand washed dishes can also be called "sexy." Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.