Monday, January 16, 2012

It's the Januaryness of it all

You know that feeling when you go camping, and suddenly food is super important to you? And you want to eat 8 Cliff bars in a row? Plus some cheetos and tuna? Maybe some water. Maybe some trailmix, or the whole bag of trailmix?

This is a small part of how I feel today.

But then I just remind myself: It's January! It's January! This is how you feel some days in January! EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY!

Then I went to the grocery store and bought some deli meat, a green pepper, one onion, a half gallon of milk, some pita bread, some mozeralla cheese, some 1oz squares of Tillamook cheddar (because they were only 33 cents which sounded like a good deal), some snickers, and a guava soda. Also some sour cream. When I got out of my car I dropped my grocery sack and the guava soda exploded. I was very excited to drink that soda because I never drink soda and I was thinking about the guavas that used to grow in my grandma Ada's backyard. Also my sour cream broke. And someone was watching me in their car as I tried to clean up all the groceries strewn about the street.

So. It's fine. Everything is fine.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to help you pick everything up and buy you another soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January feels this way to me too. You're more than halfway done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were there and I didn't know you I would have run to help you. Hugs from Arizona, where January is lovely. Super duper lovely.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.