Saturday, January 7, 2012

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

This is what my little sister texted me when I told her a couple days ago that I was on my way to San Francisco.

San Francisco 2012 was a trip of total franticness & business. I am very, exquisitely & intimately acquainted with the 101, the 80 (east & west), the 580 (east & west), the Bay Bridge, and places where you can turn around on Treasure Island. I can tell you where exactly you need to exit the 80 west to avoid the toll fee if you miss your turn-off. I will also tell you that the toll going west is $6 on a weekday and $5 on the weekend. There is no toll going east.

I didn't wear any flowers in my hair. I didn't go to China town. I didn't drive across the Golden Gate bridge. But I did eat an oyster with garlic & hot sauce on the back patio of a little seafood place in Berkley. And today I could see that golden bridge as I crossed the bay bridge one last time. (And the guy at the toll booth said, "Hey Beautiful" when I pulled up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.