Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a two-bean second (or #5!)

"I was pregnant.  It was my first time.  The moment I saw the double lines is a favorite moment in it's own right.  But I went to the doctor.  I was only 8 or 9 weeks along and I just wanted him to tell me I was indeed pregnant, because I'd already been sick to my stomach for a week and if I was making that up in my mind I knew I'd feel real embarrassed in front of my husband.  The second the ultrasound began, the nurse practitioner yelled out, "OH MY GOODNESS!  YOU ARE HAVING TWINS!"  I got up on my elbows and yelled "WHAT?!!!"  But I automatically could see two little beans up on that TV screen and knew it wasn't a joke.  I just kept saying, "What?!  I can't believe it! What?!"  And my husband smiled, shook his head, and calmly said, "I knew it." 

In the parking lot he called his mom and I called my mom and my mother and I kept saying, "I can't believe it!" and "I know!  I can't believe it!"  back and forth to each other for 10 minutes.  I kissed my husband and he drove back to school and I drove back to work, where nobody knew I was even pregnant yet. 

The rest of the day my coworkers kept talking to me about meetings but I was just in a daze with a bewildered smile on my face, and the entire time the only thing I could was, "I'm going to have to get two highchairs..."    It might have been the craziest and most bewildering moment of my life." —Samantha
Twins = double hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Not quite the same, but this happened to me. Two months ago.

    I have two on the way. It's a trip every day. They're due in May.

    That was a lot of really unintentional rhyming.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.