Tuesday, November 22, 2011

lucky #7

One time I went on a date with a boy.  I honestly don't remember what we did.  It was just your average date until on the way home he looked at me and said, "I want to dance with you."  I replied laughingly, "What?"  And he repeated, "I want to dance with you!" 
On the next corner there was a church.  We pulled into the parking lot, turned the stereo up and slowly danced around the parking lot. I remember knowing then that I would love this boy.  And i did, for a long time.  And even now, though our relationship ended some time ago, sometimes when I close my eyes instead of remembering all the pain that comes from losing your first love, I see a dark sky full of stars and a boy and a girl discovering how a dance can change everything.Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.