Saturday, October 29, 2011

in my dreams, i'd carve 30 jack-o-lanterns and line them up in the driveway.

There is something about Halloween in Salt Lake City that makes some thing in my soul real sad.

I moved into the house in October. When my mom and I walked in, it was freezing cold because no one had been here for a few weeks. It was so huge and empty compared to the little apartment I'd been living in.

I carved two pumpkins that Halloween. By myself. My older bother was in town and invited me to this party. Driving home, I just keep thinking: this is the city where you live. I was swooning because October here is mysterious and very magical. There are plenty of black tree trunks and streets where leaves can litter/glitter. Gosh. I was so in love with it. The kind where you are very aware you can't keep it forever.

1 comment:

  1. I love the imagery of this post. I'm so glad you are in the house and have made it a fun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.