Sunday, September 11, 2011

swoon

I met a guy named Amos Kennedy this weekend. He's a famous printer. He works almost exclusively with wood type and he makes posters. I love him.

He's from Alabama, and he wears overalls. When the class started he talked real slow and calm. He said, We're going to put some ink on paper. That's all. It's what I love. I hope you love it as much as me.

I loved it. 

I mean, for the past week I've been putting ink on paper. But in very small, very very very very very careful amounts. Everything had to be precise. So precise, I probably lost 8 years of my life.

For the past two days, all I had to do was roll out color after color after blessed bright color. Then roll it over gorgeous wood type. Everything is my favorite part when I work with wood type. The color. The printing. It's impossible to mess it up!

Everything looks, as Amos says, sexy.
 
p.s. the saltbox girl is one of my friends. she loves the saltbox houses on the east coast. but she lives here in the desert. where there's lots of salt. but not too many colonial houses.

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be very hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so glad you got a break from the tiny exact printing.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.