Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A pear. And some gum.*

When I first moved into this house, I felt like I'd found a hole from heaven. When I walked in the door from work: heaven. When I woke up with the sun slanting through the window: heaven. For months, I woke up feeling like I'd been saved from something.

I still don't know how to explain it. But, it's something to live in such a lucky, charming house. To lay in bed at night listening to the crickets outside. To live with the green & blue wall paper. To ask your roommate to make a necklace out of pieces of polar bear fur you found while cleaning under beds. To have a blue bird haunting the back porch. To use your grandpa's tools for your art project. To stress every morning about the sprinkler system. To send a note to a boy saying you wish he was your next door neighbor. That if he lived next door, you'd probably throw prizes over the fence.



*If you ever want to get me a snack. At the grocery store. 

1 comment:

  1. It's a testiment to you and your family. Homes can be sacred places, but it depends on your actions and the spirit you bring. I love the grandma house, and I've never even been there. (how is it possible I haven't been there??)

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.