Monday, August 22, 2011

mirror


This year my mom and I have mirror birthdays. I'm exactly half her age. I love that she was 30 when I was born. It's such a good number. Like an orange.

I think of all the things she accomplished by the time she got here to this place, and I think: she was so young. It makes me happy to know I had such a young mom. How deliriously fun it would have been to be 30 with her. And then I think: I was with her!

I was also thinking tonight (as we blew out imaginary candles on her cake—) (don't worry, she'll be having another party with real-life candles), about where I will be in 30 more years. It's like another lifetime! FOR FREE!

I'm so excited.

It includes: a horse (as usual), probably some books, a house with a backyard, a man who knows how to let be alone some days, the ocean, some mountains, significant time spent in Spain. Maybe a small girl named Paloma. We'll all call her Polly though. How could you resist? And gigantic orange poppies everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. "It's like another lifetime! FOR FREE!" That's my favorite thing i've read all day.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.