Tuesday, July 12, 2011

She saved my life every day for a year.

The afternoon before we left, she reminded me to buy bug spray and a mess kit. 

When we stopped at the Walmart in Mesquite, she asked me how many Cliff bars I wanted her to get for me. I said, "Six."
She said, "You know they're like a full meal, right?"
I said, "Yeah, I don't want to get hungry."

She brought back 3. I'm not going to lie... I was a little disappointed. (I like having snacks). Cliff bars are super delicious.

Later, between getting out of the truck and walking over to the switchbacks, she helped me figure out how to work all the straps on my pack.

Then later, after a day of camping and sitting around in waterfall pools, after eating a Cliff bar for an afternoon snack and reading the nutritional info on the back, I was grateful she only got me 3.

3 comments:

  1. Em, have you heard my story about Havasupai...the one in which I accidentally bring two left hiking boots? There is even a funny picture Monica took on my Facebook page...I thought you'd like it since you just came back from that trip.

    Love you!! Miss you!! You are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so great. So, so great.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.