Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My California Grandma

Her name was Ada. She was my mom's mom. Every Sunday afternoon, we went to her house after church. We ate carrots, celery, and danish cookies. The best snacks ever. I would sit on her back porch and twirl in the old-school easy chair. I'd take all her elephant figurines off the shelves and rearrange them all over her table.

Her house was filled with secret passageways, avon perfumes, and chairs that could spin. Her front yard featured lava rocks and one gigantic pine tree. But, her backyard had white rocks, roses, figs, guavas, geraniums, potted plants of all strange kinds,  and one massive orange tree.

I think her back patio is where I learned to make-up stories. 

I'm always on the look-out for houses like hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.