Saturday, April 9, 2011

hope is the thing with feathers.

Tonight, black beans were on sale at the grocery store. For super cheap. Which is perfect because that's all I'm eating these days. As I was standing there, trying to figure out how many cans I should purchase, Tom Petty came on the grocery store radio: She's a good girl, loves her mama. Loves Jesus, and America too. She's a good girl, crazy about Elvis, loves horses, and her boyfriend too.  I stood there in my shoes with the gold horses on them, and I thought-- I love this grocery store.

I also think I'm going to put feather extensions in my hair. Then I will move to the desert. Where there is nothing but red dirt and cactus.

9 comments:

  1. i think feather extensions would look awesome in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I thought of this cover of Free Falling when I read your post:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ov0cDPZy8

    I don't know if you like John Mayer, but the guitar is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite poems. Of all time. I've never noted that the two of you have the same initials. I find it fitting as you have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! I love how cute and upbeat it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. black beans are awesome and you would look really great with feathers in your hair and I think Hayley could be in charge of that, seeing that she has a feather fetish. You are the greatest blogger, i love to read all your posts even though I don't always comment...thanks for having Paige and Keith, they will be bringing you home-grown oranges as a thank you on the way home...eat them over the sink, they are very juicy even though they are not "juice" oranges...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin! I love that song. THANK YOU. Also, I'm in love with your daughter's name.

    love you (so much).
    em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feathers and the desert match. Really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. janna!! i'm so excited for the oranges!!!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.