Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today

Featured: me in the "fine arts" section of the library. This is the section where the scanners are nice and the lights are dimmed for a fine art ambiance.

It is also very quiet. Possibly silent. It was silent this morning, even though every table was occupied by at least one person.

Luckily, the scanner I wanted to use was open. So I sat down. I popped on the headphones and logged in. Before doing anything else, I loaded pandora and started listening to my Ray Lamontagne radio station. I was thinking to myself-- wow even the headphones are better in this section!

And so, I continued doing my little scan project. I was very involved. And, so happy to be listening to my songs.

In between the 2nd and 3rd song, a very tall & attractive guy walked over. He said as he leaned towards me, "Can I just plug in your headphones?"

I was very very confused. Horrified and blushing. I said, "yes."

He said, "It's good music-- it's just a little loud."




----
a. i never blush. i'm not sure it's possible with my skin tone. but something about this incident was so embarrassing, my poor skin just didn't know what else to do.
b. i know i shouldn't use the community headphones! but i always forget mine! don't judge.



3 comments:

  1. queen of the double heartsMarch 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM

    I LOVE that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. It's great to know I'm not alone :) http://ktbstriving.blogspot.com/2010/06/mistakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! oh man, I totally sympathy-blushed for you when I read this.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.