Friday, March 11, 2011

goals

One of my friends is living her dream right now. Since she started her career, she's just wanted to meet this famous architect. And, right now, she's working with this architect on a project. It's really hard work. But she's making beautiful spaces for people to live inside.

All of this happened in a matter of days. She'd been working really hard all along, and so when the opportunity presented itself-- she could say, "Yeah. I can do that."

I love hearing her talk about work because it makes everything (mainly, dreams) seem so possible. I mean, we grow up talking about dreams. And making them up and thinking some day. But, there are suddenly a large amount of my friends whose dreams are actually happening. And I love it.

Hard work is so miraculous.
---

And so, I've been thinking about my goals, long and short term. And that dream I had about my grandpa.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh. Now you have me crying again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to work. Really hard. Every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere along the way, I stopped working on so many of the things I've always dreamed of. It's time to get to work again. Because you're right about hard work. It's miraculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen!!! yes! get back to work!!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.