Tuesday, February 8, 2011

yesterday

I went running for the first time outside. I was dreading it because I expected smog, but it was so beautiful and so warm! It felt like March. When I finished my little route, I wanted to keep running! ( a real triumph) (usually I feel like throwing up).

There's been a bag of tulips haunting me since November. I was supposed to plant them before the ground froze, but I was preoccupied with the basement flooding and other things I can't remember now. Anyways. The bulbs started sprouting in the bag. They looked desperate. I thought I should try putting them in the dirt.

I felt like I was planting easter eggs.

And, then it snowed. The clean, cold, glittery kind. When I left my friend's house at midnight, it was everywhere and over everything.

--
All day, I wondered about the kindness of strangers and how sometimes miracles occur one minute at a time.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great about the running, that is definitely an achievement :) Aww tulips in the snow, pretty!!

    I like your line about planting Easter eggs, sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.