Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines = National Geographic


A 2-page spread on flamingos plus an entire article on the extravagance of feathers equals be still my heart.


---------------------

p.s. i don't have any valentines to hand out this year. i worked really hard on them. i promise. but, i only had old anthropologie catalogues and purple paper. These limited materials combined with conversations which revolved around lovely and/or heart-broken boy-stories meant that everything I made ended up being a love poem. Shoot. Sorry.

p.p.s. there are hearts everywhere...

2 comments:

  1. they were wonderful love poems.

    and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to show that issue to my Joanne. She has a passion for flamingos and calls them her "signature animal." She asked my mom to make her a flamingo quilt and hung it on her ceiling so she can look at it as she falls asleep. I've never noticed the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.