Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some things to say

Mainly, THANK YOU.

If you read that thing I wrote a couple weeks ago: thank you. If you commented, I promise we are real-life friends. If you didn't comment, but you talked about the issue with your roommate/best friend/whoever: thank you. If you wrote your own post-- THANK YOU. So much.

(You all should know about my friend KJ, who originally posted the essay on her blog. She's one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.)

The truth is January was a pretty brutal fight. I felt like I was carrying the weight of the entire year on my shoulders. 12 months. With so many days! Ugh. It was so cold. And the smog so suffocating.  I felt like a narcoleptic ameoba.

And, that post was just ticking at my brain all the time.

I posted early Friday morning, and then I was crazy for a day and a half with various work projects, etc. But somewhere between Saturday night and early Sunday morning, the weight of the world slipped off my shoulders into its proper place beneath my feet. It felt so good.

So, thank you for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.