Tuesday, February 22, 2011

skinny jeans

After months of planning, I finally purchased a proper pair of skinny jeans. Technically, I think they're "jeggings"-- is there a difference? They are very stretchy. My sister, out of her kind kind heart finally purchased them for me because I didn't have time to go to the store.

I resisted because I remember wearing these kinds of pants in the sixth grade. Except, back then they were red and made out of sweat material. I loved them. But unfortunately, up until the ninth grade I wore tapered jeans. I wasn't supposed to be wearing tapered jeans-- they weren't really in style at the time. I thought all the jeans were made the same... so, I'd stand in line at lunch and wonder why I my jeans looked different than everyone else's.

You can imagine my emotional dilemma when skinny jeans made their grand come back (it's been a few years now...).

Anyways, I like them. 

8 comments:

  1. Text me a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for making the leap back into the fashion of skinny jeans. I have yet to commit. For some reason my skinny just doesn't seem to be as skinny as it once was.

    I like your blog. You remind me of my friend ee who is also emily and who also writes thoughtful things and regularly makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear jeggings to class probably every day. I used to be anti skinny jeans, leggings, jeggings, schmeggings.

    And then I tried them.

    And I loved them.

    And I buy lots of calf length garments so I can wear them.

    It's like wearing pajamas to school even when it's not pajama day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, you are so lovely! Thank you. And welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh emily! i felt the same way buying my first pair!! i thought to myself "last time I wore these, I swore to myself I'd never ever wear them again because there is no way they could ever come back!" and then I bought some and now I wear them every day. never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  6. katie!!! i'm so happy to hear from you! i am SO RELIEVED you feel the same way. skinny jeans are so weird! but never say never. i was thinking i should get another pair because they go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now wide-legged pants are coming back in style. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and now i'm all committed to wearing skinny jeans for the next 5 years...shoot.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.