Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Report

I went running on wednesday. At 7am. Those of you who know me well, know this is slightly miraculous. It reminded me of the days back at school when me and Tracy would go swimming at six in the morning (and then I would go back to sleep for a few hours).

My friend loves running. So do I (sort of). But he loves running uphill... anyways. The wind almost blew me off the side of the mountain. Good thing I had my trusty hoodie to keep me warm. Yikes. I almost threw up in the dirt on the side of the road.

I tried to warn him of my slowness-- but I don't think he was adequately prepared. Fortunately (for me), the little (uphill) jaunt provided another opportunity to fall in love with the great salt lake-- it's always lurking so pretty in the  far right corner of my eye.



4 comments:

  1. 7 am? What the what? If you go more than once with him I will be amazed. Remember how you told me every night to wake you up to go running in Spain but you only actually got up once? Hilarious. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's dedication. And swimming at 6am? Crazy!
    I'm glad you loved it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your early morning run, pushing through the moment, and holding it all in =). You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At 7am I am already at work. I refuse to get up any earlier than I already do, which leaves me running on a treadmill without a gorgeous view, at 6pm with friends.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.