Monday, December 13, 2010

South

Last Friday, I had to go down to my office to pick up some papers. It was dark, and I had to wander around campus a little bit to drop various projects off for various people.

I love that campus. I hadn't been down there for several months. Probably since September. It's so clean. Everything's so shiny! There were Christmas lights on so many trees outside, and Christmas trees in the windows. There was real green grass! Nicely trimmed (with no muddy short cut paths)! Oh for the lovely landscaping that's changed out every four months. It's magical. (Also, the campus smells delicious).

------

And then, later that night I sat down to write some letters of recommendation for two past students. I couldn't stop thinking of all the awesome professors who helped me, wrote letters for me, and who still give me advice.

------
Thank you landscaping crew, thank you to whoever puts up the lights, to whoever cleans the banisters, to whoever cleans the carpets (weekly), to the students who don't carve their names in the desks and on the walls, and to the professors who i'm really lucky to know.

2 comments:

  1. Queen of the Double HeartsDecember 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM

    I love BYU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way when i go back. it is magical, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.