Friday, October 1, 2010

...With her glittering eye

Margaret Atwood says all good writers must practice the art of the ancient mariner. (If you want to tell a story, you have to be able to mesmerize. To hold captive. To make time stand still with words.)

My cousin was born with the gift. Tonight, she cornered me in a gym. (I was trying to sneak away with my empanada and my small pile of olives.) She asked me one question. And then, I was crying, and she was holding the cuff of my jean jacket to pull me right close in front of her face where she told me 3 things I really needed to hear.

...and so the weekend begins. .

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I love this post. And I want to hear so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the previous commenter. and i think you write just as well!

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.