Wednesday, October 13, 2010


I've always loved Utah because it's a desert. Deserts make me swoon. They remind me of the ocean in a way that makes me weak in the knees.

All my years in Provo, I never really noticed where I was living. I loved the mountains, the sounds of the train... but I was focused on books, and surviving school, and suffering through the cold.

Since moving to salt lake, the Utah desert has been tap tap tapping on my heart... I dont' know how to explain it... but I'm kind of in love. I feel like I've been wooed and I didn't even know what was going on. I love the wide open spaces. The light against the mountains. I can't explain to you the colors of the dirt here. And all the textures of rock. It's all breaking me in half.

Last Saturday, I drove to Wyoming. I just stood there by the rock the settlers put up to mark the border. The grass stretched out forever.

I never want to die if it means I can't see miles and miles of the Utah/Wyoming emptiness anymore.

1 comment:

  1. please tell me there was a reason for driving to wyoming. besides staring at the vast nothingness? although i wouldn't put it past you...

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.