Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mercy

Today, I ran into one of my favorite poets at Costco. After discussing a poem I'd sent her (the first half is problematic), she showed me all the vegetables she'd just purchased. (Peppers are apparently her favorite.)

---
I have a goal to swim a set of five one-hundreds (butterfly). By October. Last week I could only swim two 50's with lots of rest in between. Today, I did five 50's in a row with one minute rest in between each. It's absolutely pitiful. Especially considering what I used to do in high school. But it doesn't matter. I don't care if I look like I'm drowning. I'm getting stronger.

---
On the way home, I stopped for a pedestrian. He was waiting so patiently. On his way across the street, he turned, waved and mouthed the words "Thank You!" It made me so happy, I wanted to yell out the window that I loved him and his wild punky hair.

---
My garbage disposal isn't really broken! It worked today when me and a friend went to fix it. We found some garbled up pieces of metal (don't know how those got in there...).

---
I sat on a bench this evening with a girl who told me a story until it was dark and we couldn't see each other anymore.


3 comments:

  1. can i quit yet and move in with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming butterfly is torture. That is what I have to say about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val-- yes it is!! I wanted to die. Just drown in the water.

    Q-- yes please. i'm in the middle of changing the sheets so there will be a clean bed for you.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.