Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grandpa

Tonight, my little sister said, "I think I felt him lugging me up a hill today."

I believe her.
I know he still takes care of us.
(drags us up hills)
And loves us.
Even from heaven.

-----
Because my Grandpa worked so hard and lived so carefully, he left behind a house for his family. A whole gorgeous house. His careful life means that I get to live my dream. I get to live here and write.

What do you do with that kind of gift?

I hope I can lug people up some hills someday.
I want everyone to know what it's like to be loved that way.


p.s. i wont' be living here forever. or even until next fall. but i love every day i get to spend here. so much.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful to think of a Grandpa who still cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've already lugged some people up hills. promise.

    [possibly i might be one of them.]

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.