Sunday, August 29, 2010

she never told me


So one day this summer, my mom finally decided to tell me that when she was little she and her friends used to play on the cliffs by the beach all the time. She said she has all these memories of climbing up and down them-- balancing her towel, probably, under her arm.

I knew my mom was born in California. Grew up in California. But I never knew she lived so close to the ocean, she could apparently walk there, and slide down the cliffs...

So, Mom, my real wish for you this year is that you'll tell me more stories. Also, I just want you to know that I saw these things today (and I thought they were so festive for your birthday):
1. A black cat (it looked so lucky in the middle of the day).
2. A double rainbow (it was so bright it looked burnt).
3. Lightning

.....

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is such a beautiful woman. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures, and I'm jealous you got to hear her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a fan. Of your mom (look how lovely she is) and your birthday posts to your family.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.