Friday, July 30, 2010

Or blow me a kiss. And that's lucky too.

Last night was one of those nights where the piano has to be played at night with the front door open. So I practiced Chim Chim Cher-ee. With the right hand, and then the left. Then I played Hymn and thought about all things lucky. Like seeing a shooting star right as you open the blinds. Or looking up just as the horse across the street is sneaking peaches off the tree. Or seeing a ten foot gigantic hollyhock in someone's front yard.

I thought about A Room with a View. And how that Lucy Honeychurch would just battle it out on the piano. And I wished I could play Beethoven.








3 comments:

  1. Thinking about all things lucky ... wow. That is lovely and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dreamy it all sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. She really knew how to work it over on the ivories.

    ReplyDelete

the rules: comment moderation is enabled to protect the innocent.